March 31, 2014

EMPTIES


It's been a while since I've done an empties post. I don't have a whole lot of finished products this time round, and even these took me months and months to collect (which probably tells me I should stop jumping between so many different things), but let's keep it short and sweet! ;)


Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector
This combined with Lancome Genifique is the ultimate skin corrector duo. Within the first few weeks my skin was brighter, smoother and more radiant. Now don't expect dramatic, life-changing results - the effect is only subtle - but it's a great little booster if you often wake up to dull skin like me. I do feel that half way through the bottle the results were becoming less and less visible, probably because my skin was getting use to the formula (or the dosage of chemicals). I still loved this formula up until the last drop, but for the time being will try out something different.
Repurchase? Maybe.

Michael Todd Intensive Organic Cream Eye Treatment
I use this eye treatment both day and night, and it nicely moisturises without wearing too thick or oily. The lightweight formula absorbs quickly into the skin, and has worked well for me during the warmer, more humid, seasons here in Sydney. However building up to the colder months, I feel that I need something slightly heavier - like Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment - as my skin can get very dry and flaky. I would recommend this all year round if you have oily skin, it doesn't wear greasy and hydrates very well!
Repurchase? No.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 103 True Ivory
This just fell short on my top 5 list (see here), but drugstore-wise, it's only second to my much loved Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation. Rimmel Wake Me Up appears quite shimmery when you initially pump the product out, but as you blend, the foundation leaves a soft radiant finish which does not wear shiny or oily on the skin. Despite the creamy consistency the coverage is light, but can also be easily built up. It's a very natural wearing foundation, so it's ideal for everyday use!
Repurchase? Yes.


Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
I'm generally not too fussy when it comes to exfoliating products, but S&G Sugar Crush is definitely a step above other scrubs I've tried. It exfoliates really well, does not scratch or irritate, rinses off easily and leaves my skin super soft and smooth. It's made up of brown sugar and macadamia grains, and the rough texture is just right for a good scrubbin' without irritating the skin. I know this is such a typical beauty blogger thing to say, but this smells UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!! It has the perfect amount of sweetness, paired with zesty lime, and gets me craving a citrus-y dessert every time I use it. It's such a refreshing scent - I can't get enough!
Repurchase? Yes.

What are some of your favourite serums/eye creams/body scrubs? Let me know in the comments below! Thank you so much for dropping by! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)