March 13, 2014

REVLON PARFUMERIE SCENTED NAIL ENAMEL

Sorry for being MIA lately, I have contractors in the house doing renovations and they keep knocking out my internet lines!



Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel is nothing that new (I believe the range was released a while back in the states), but since these polishes only very recently hit our Australian shores, I thought I would post about them anyways!

I'm not the biggest fan of Revlon's nail products, but what initially caught my attention is the packaging of these - I really like the rectangular bottle design with the round knob at the top, it definitely stood out against the regular Revlon nail polish bottles! More importantly though, the formula is simply amazing! I only need about 2 coats to achieve a full opaque finish and it applies with no streakiness. It also wears a good week before I started to notice some very minor chipping, and I think I could have gotten away with 2 weeks if I was a little more careful.

Wintermint - from swatches I've seen in the blogging world, this seems to be a very close dupe to Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream (which I don't actually own - so correct me if I'm wrong). I like the pairing of the mint green with the blue glitters, though it's not something I would usually go for.



I have to admit I've never been big on scented nail polish, the concept still seems strange to me, but I guess it's a thing now! Wintermint, as the name suggests, definitely carries the scent of mint, and as for Italian Leather...it honestly does not smell like leather - I don't know how to describe it though! The scent does linger on about a day or two after the formula dries, but it's not noticeable unless you have your nails real close to your nose, so I don't mind it so much.


Italian Leather - my favourite out of the two (excuse the bad paint job), there are micro shimmers which are very subtle, but when it catches the sun the colour looks so pretty!



Overall I give Revlon Perfumerie a big thumbs up! Great formula, does not chip easily and it's very affordable - there's nothing else I could ask for in a nail polish. Have you tried these? What did you think? Do you have a favourite shade? Thanks so much for reading! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)