March 2, 2014

PRODUCTS I REGRET BUYING


I've been wanting to give this a go for a while now, so here it is! I only have a good handful of products this time round, but it's bound to be a growing stash (unfortunately). I guess that's the life of a makeup addict! :P

(Please note that these comments are based on personal preference and skin type, so the following products may react completely different for you.)


NARS Night Series Eyeshadow Palette
I don't think I gave this a great review when I first purchased it, as much as I adore NARS, this palette is one of my biggest makeup regrets (considering how much it cost). More than anything it is WAY too glittery, and though I love me a good glitter eyeshadow, too much of it does get out of hand. The dark shades in the palette also wear all too similar (i.e. black and almost black), so there's not a great deal of versatility in looks you can create with this, at least not to my experience!


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
It's frustrating with this one, because a lot of people seem to love the formula but it just does not agree with me. I have dry/combination skin that can often get dehydrated, and I find the foundation accentuates every dry spot on my face, drawing attention to unwanted flakiness and lines. It doesn't wear particularly long either, and disintegrates on my skin well before the end of a normal workday. I think Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is probably more suited to people with normal skin, though I'm still holding out that I can make it work somehow - it's such a waste otherwise!


Physicians Formula Bronze Booster
I actually thought this was quite cool at first. I don't have anything against the shimmery bronze pearls, but the fact that they are packed into this shallow tub makes it somewhat difficult to use. I know I lost about 4 pearls just on initial use! The pigmentation is also more on the subtle side, so you really have to stick your brush in there to load a good amount of product and I make a mess every time - but then again it could just be me and my clumsiness!



Make Up For Ever HD Concealer
MUFE HD foundation has been a long time favourite of mine, so I knew I had to give this concealer a try. It actually wears lovely at first - it has great coverage without looking too thick or cakey. However over time, the formula separates on my skin, leaving unflattering lines and dry marks that is all too visible for my liking. I'm also not a big fan of the silicone applicator thing, it's too flimsy to use directly on the skin and takes too many twists to get the product out (because I'm lazy like that). 


Butter London Lippy
I love Butter London nail polish, so was super excited when I first found out that they released lip glosses to match the nail colour range. The formula is alright, it's a tad sticky, but nothing I didn't already expect with any gloss. The scent though, is absolutely terrible! It's the most sickly sweet (and not in the nice dessert kind of way), synthetic scent I've ever come across in a beauty product - I CANNOT stand it! It's not subtle either, you catch a good whiff of it well before it hits your lips. Unless they come back with an unscented version, I can't see myself going back for more.

Thanks for reading! Is there anything on my list that you, in contrast, love? Or also did not work for you? Let me know, it would be interesting to compare! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)