January 31, 2014

SKINCARE SAVIOURS


My skin can get a little crazy at various times of the year. When the seasons change, during that time of the month, or even when days jump from cool to hot really quickly (which happens a lot here in Sydney) my skin gets super irritated, dry and often break out. 

My face in general (or on my normal days) is between normal to dry, but I get oily around the t-zone, so I usually go for products that are catered for combination skin. I change up my skincare routine very frequently - mainly because I'm constantly trying new things - but seem to always go back to the following products, and they never fail to come to the rescue during desperate times. What are some of your skincare 'saviour' products? Please let me know! ;)


Anitpodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask
I break out on occasion, but things usually get a lot worse during my period or when I am traveling overseas. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is great for the odd pimple here and there, but can be too drying when my skin is acting up or more sensitive than usual. Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask is an amazing product that deep cleanses and intensely hydrates, whilst gently treating blemishes and spots. It doesn't work as quickly as the MB drying lotion, but to speed up the process, I also apply a little of this stuff on my pimples overnight, in addition to using it as a mask. This product can be use on any skin type, anytime of the year, it leaves my face really soft and helps get rid of break outs without irritating my skin. 


Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask
I'm sure a lot of you have heard about this mask, it's an easy-to-use, hassle-free product that works well to deeply nourish the skin. I usually apply a generous layer, leave it on for about 10 minutes, then tissue off any excess before nodding off to sleep. No washing required! I wake up to moisturised skin, and appear more freshened up altogether. On top of this, I also like to use this on long haul flights - I know some people are brave enough to throw on a sheet mask, but I just can't bare the odd looks! I travel at least once a year to visit family in Asia, and this mask helps keep my skin hydrated, despite how drying it is cooped up on a plane. Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask is the perfect facial treatment without any fuss, great for any lazy skincare day! :P


Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream
More Antipodes love! I actually use this as my regular night cream during the cold winter months, but go back to it any time of the year when my skin is feeling dehydrated. The main ingredients of this include shea butter, avocado oil, manuka honey and macadamia nut oil - just to name a few - so if this doesn't nourish my face, I don't know what will! It applies on the thicker side and just slightly oily, but my skin sucks it all up and feels really moisturised when I wake up in the morning. It also promises to promote collagen production and regenerate healthy skin cells, though I don't notice much of a difference at the moment, so maybe in a couple of years!


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
This is a bit excessive - if you haven't used Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream before, the texture is similar to the likes of vaseline, so it is intensely thick to say the least. However, when my skin is severely dry (which is usually when the seasons change), this is the only thing that will soothe it. I don't apply this all over my face, but to areas around my nose and cheeks which are the driest. I slap a generous amount of this cream on at night, and when I wake up, my skin is noticeably smoother and more nourished. Now I must warn any one with a sensitive nose to avoid the original formula - the scent is not the most pleasant - but an unscented version is available. The Eight Hour cream is also great for any dry patches in general, and works miracles on chapped lips!

So those are my 4 skincare saviour products! I've gone through a few different creams and treatments in the past, but these 4 are by far the best and most reliable for my skin. Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to comment! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)