January 23, 2014

JANUARY EMPTIES


Haven't done one of these in a while! I don't have a whole lot of skincare/makeup empties this month - didn't keep much around after new years - but have managed to collect a few things from my hair routine stash. I generally go through them fairly quickly, but always forget to include them in a post, so this is a good chance to share some of my favourite hair styling products!


Batiste Dry Shampoo for Brunette Hair
I've been using Batiste for some time now, and it's definitely my drugstore dry shampoo of choice. I actually bought this without realising there a version for dark and deep brown hair, but am loving the coloured range altogether because it doesn't leave any obvious white marks on my almost black hair. I generally go all out with dry shampoo, and don't always brush through as much as I should (especially when I'm in a rush), so this works out really well because it blends into my hair colour.
Repurchase? Yes.

Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray
I absolutely love the original Tresemmé Heat Tamer Spray, so I was very interested in this when I first saw it in store. To be honest I don't find a big difference between the two - they both protect my hair from heat styling - but I've taken a liking to the scent of this Shine Spray (smells like you've been to a salon) so I'll probably make it my new staple. I can't say much about the 'shine' part, though I'm not too fussed since I don't need the excess oil or shine.
Repurchase? Yes.

Bumble & Bumble Thickening Hair Spray
I've tried and tested numerous thickening hair sprays, powders and serums, and this is one of the first that works on my hair. I have very fine limp hair, so it sits quite flat on my head, especially when in between washes (I wash my hair every other day). I have been on a search for something that would give me more 'umph' for the longest time now and this spray is the winner. I only need 3-4 pumps on the roots, a little blow dry, and it keeps my hair voluminous all day long. This isn't exactly cheap though, so do use sparingly!
Repurchase? Yes.


Swisspers Aloe Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
This one is more a reject, because I haven't used it all up and am not planning to. I think I'm close to half way, but this stings every time I place it near my eyes so I refuse to use it again. I'm a little disappointed, because it comes off as such a natural and gentle product, but it really doesn't work for me. This is definitely going straight in the trash!
Repurchase? No way!

Makeup Forever Instand Brush Cleaner
This is by far my favourite brush cleaner. I know Cinema Secrets is the popular one amongst bloggers, and as much as I like how thorough it cleans, I can't use it on brushes with white bristles without it leaving a blue stain. This one from MUFE cleans just as well, and the liquid is clear so there's no staining whatsoever. Unfortunately MUFE is really hard to find here in Sydney, but if you are in the market for one I would highly recommend this!
Repurchase? Yes.

Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara
I'm not going to ramble on about this, because I've mentioned it a lot, and many of you would already know how much I adore this mascara. For my short, straight and barely-there lashes, this gives me a FULL lash effect, or the closest thing I would ever come to it. LOVE!!
Repurchase? Yes.

Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara
I haven't had much luck with Maybelline mascaras, even 'The Falsies' just does not work on me (it's outrageous I know). I find that a lot of the formulas are too heavy, so even though I curl my lashes, as soon as I apply mascara it weighs them back down. The colossal is surprisingly a lot lighter, though I did let it dry out for a week before it really started to hold my curls. It still doesn't compare to the Heroine mascara though, it's not as thickening or volumizing, but all-in-all, it has restored my faith in Maybelline mascaras!
Repurchase? Yes.

What are some of your empties this month? And what are your favourite hair styling products? Leave me a comment below! Thank you so much for reading! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)