January 7, 2014

BEST OF BEAUTY 2013


It's that time again for another 'best of beauty' yearly round up! I've really enjoyed reading what everyone has been posting, I love that I'm getting a quick rundown of the favourite of the most favorited, ultimate number one, beauty products of 2013 in one single blog entry. I have a good few products to go through on my list, but I'll try to keep it short and precise!


Illamasqua Hydra Veil Primer & Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation
Hands down my favourite primer and foundation combo. Hyda Veil is a great primer all-round, but the lightness of the formula works really well with the creaminess of the Skin Base foundation, creating a smooth finish that lasts all day. Illamasqua Skin Base is medium to high coverage, but it wears surprisingly natural whilst giving a flawless finish.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Probably my most used foundation of 2013. I think this is the perfect everyday go-to foundation, it gives my skin that much needed boost in the morning without wearing oily during the day. I can't say that this foundation hydrates my skin, but it definitely gives the illusion that my dull skin is smooth and moisturised after application. Plus it's so affordable!


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer & Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Maybelline has won me over with their concealers this year, I've almost stopped using high-end concealers altogether! Instant Age Rewind is amazing for underneath the eyes, it wears a little thicker and creamier, so it's perfect for eliminating dark circles and smoothing out the skin. Maybelling Fit Me is thinner in consistency and coverage, but is great for anywhere on the face because it blends seamlessly and doesn't look too heavy.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
I've been really digging my drugstore products for face this year, and Rimmel Stay Matte is probably one of my favourite finds for 2013. I was actually given this after my friend who bought it swore it was the worst product ever, but luckily it wears very well on my combination/dry skin (my friend has oily skin). I only apply powder on the t-zone area which do tend to get oily very quickly, but this really sets everything in place making my foundation last a lot longer.



Benefit Hooler Bronzing Powder and Rockateur Blush
I've been wearing these two babies on an almost day-to-day basis, and they pair beautifully together. I tend to be super nitpicky when it comes to bronzers because a lot of them make me look orange, but Hoola is the perfect shade to compliment my skintone. I don't think I need to talk much about Rockateur, it's pretty much universally loved by the blogging community and I can't agree more - the shade is simply gorgeous!

Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Dixie
This shade looks a little intense in the swatch but it wears a soft pinky coral when blended out. The texture of Illamasqua Cream Blushers are top notch, they are super pigmented, very easy to blend out (whether using your fingers or a stippling brush) and give a lovely natural dewy finish. I've been eying a couple more of these to add to my collection in 2014!

Jump for the best of 2013 eye products!


Lorac Unzipped Palette
Lorac has found a special place in my heart this year, I am equally impressed by this and the Pro palette, but found myself drawn to Unzipped just a tad more. The eyeshadows in this set are great for any neutral look, 'Unreal' and 'Unspoken' have both been very well loved, as they work for numerous looks and occasions. I feel that I can use (and have used) all the shades in the palette which is quite rare for me, so it's definitely a winner!


Heroine Make Liquid Eyeliner and Mascara, Aube Eyebrow Powder Palette, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
I'm kind of cheating by combining all of these, but everything pictured above are my MOST LOVED, my best of the best, holy grail products that I use, but probably mention the least on this blog. Heroine Make Liquid Eyeliner and Mascara, as well as Urban Decay Primer Potion have been behind almost all my makeup looks, and are staples in my collection (I have backups). I was introduced to Aube Eyebrow Powder just this year, and have since hit pan as the shades fit my skintone and hair colour so well. As for Maybelline Bad to the Bronze, I absolutely ADORE this stuff, it's quick to apply and gives so much depth and dimension even used on its own - I've travelled quite a bit in 2013 and this never fails to leave my side!

And that's a wrap for my best of beauty 2013, hope it wasn't too long! I would love to read about your favourites for the year (if you haven't already posted it). Thank you so much for reading and for leaving a comment! :D

Almost forgot to mention! I completely skipped lip products this year, I recently made a top 5 drugstore lipstick post (see here) and will be doing a top 5 high end lipstick post next, so I thought it would be better to leave it - plus I could never just pick one anyway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)