January 18, 2014

BURBERRY PRIMROSE HILL PINK


I know, it's another lipstick post - but this one is about a year overdue. I rediscovered this product when I was going through my collection for my 'Top 5 Luxury Lipstick' post. I bought this little Burberry lipstick back in 2012 (which seems like a decade ago now), but never had the heart to ruin the gorgeous and iconic design on the bullet. Primrose Hill Pink is my very first lipstick from Burberry, so I guess that's why I was so precious about it (even though it's not a limited edition or a special release). It has since been forgotten, so I feel like I owe this lipstick some love - here goes!


Burberry Lip Cover is a lightweight formula that contains 'nourishing oils' to hydrate the lips whilst ensuring intense colour payoff. I think they have really nailed it, this lipstick is something I can wear even on my dry lip days, without worrying about it irritating or making my lips dry out even more. The colour yields an almost opaque finish with just one swatch, even on my dark pigmented lips! It also lasts surprisingly long, and leaves a nice stain even when the product has worn off.


Primrose Hill Pink swatches very bright pink on my lips - I've seen it wear more coral on others, so it may apply differently depending on your complexion. Jump below for comparisons!


Left to Right: Burberry Lip Cover in Primrose Hill Pink, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Corail Incandescent, Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Ravissante and  Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Red Sunrise.

Burberry Lip Cover is definitely something I need to look further into now that I've broken that barrier and actually used the product. The formula is a real winner - the texture is quite creamy yet feels very light on the lips, and the colour payoff is amazing! There is, however, a scent to the product, but just ever so slightly noticeable and it disappears once worn on the lips.

Have you tried Burberry Lip Cover? What are your thoughts? Also, do you have makeup you've saved up and refuse to touch? Let me know in the comments! Thank you so much for reading! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)