January 14, 2014

MY TOP 5 LUXURY LIPSTICKS



This was difficult. As much as I love drugstore makeup (see related post here), I do tend to splurge when it comes to lipsticks. I adore high-end brands, and even though I know sometimes it really just comes down to packaging, I'm a total sucker for the allure of a 'luxury' product. I'll probably change my mind on these once the new spring/summer collection is out, but for now, here are my top 5 picks for luxury lipsticks!


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Liberté
An oldie but definitely a goodie. I don't know if you can see clear enough in the second image (at the top), but the bullet is twisted all the way - I've almost used this one up! Liberté is a beautiful soft coral that can be worn for any occasion. It applies quite sheer, so it wears a little pink on me due to my natural lip colour. Though not moisturising, the formula literally glides onto the lips and sits very comfortably without been drying. I have yet to repurchase the exact same lipstick (because I never finish anything) but Chanel Liberte might just be the one!


YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 12 Corail Incandescent
I could never do a favourites lipsticks post without throwing YSL in there, I LOVE this brand, especially the lip products! YSL Rouge Volupte Shine and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine are actually very similar in texture, but I do find that YSL has better lasting power and are generally more pigmented. Corail Incandescent is a gorgeous pinky coral that is great for brightening up any complexion. I've been sporting this one for most of the Aussie summer and I still can't get enough!

Jump for the rest of my picks!


Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy CC Lipstick in 400
I'm partial to balm-like, easy to apply lipsticks, and Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy CC slips right into that category. My lips can get quite dry depending on the season, so I can't always wear anything too thick as it may accentuate my lip lines and dry patches. Whilst the texture of this lipstick is still relatively lightweight and smooth, the colour payoff is incredible. 400 is your classic pin up red, it's very flattering and perfect to amp up any makeup look.


Tom Ford Lip Color in 17 Violet Fatale
Despite the crazy price tag, Tom Ford has won over the makeup world. I had very high expectations of the lipsticks before purchasing them, and they truly live up to all the hype and rave I've read from so many posts and reviews. Violet Fatale is a deep raspberry red with subtle hints of fuchsia. The shade is not something I would usually gravitate towards, but is surprisingly complimentary, so I think it would wear nicely on many different people. Violet Fatale applies a little thinner than other shades I've tried from the line, but is still highly pigmented. It leaves a lovely stain that lasts all day even when the product itself has faded off.


Bite Beauty Luminous Créme Lipstick in Mulberry
Bite Beauty is an absolute hidden gem. The formula of the lipsticks are amazing and quite revolutionary, they are made from food-grade ingredients that are technically healthy enough to eat - not that I've tried! Mulberry is deep wine red, a little vampy, but not too dark or dramatic as it may seem on the bullet. This is a really comfortable lipstick to wear, the formula applies ultra smooth and you don't require much to build up to an opaque finish. The colour does not bleed or feather, though I would recommend using a lip liner as a base to keep the wear a little longer.

So those are my picks! I could have easily added another 5 to the list but that would just be way too long! What are some of your luxury lip products or brands? Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)