February 10, 2014

YSL SHEER CANDY IN #10 TANGY MANDARINE



I adore Yves Saint Laurent. If I had all the money in the world I would collect every one of their hand bags and lipsticks. I have been a convert of YSL makeup ever since my very first Rouge Volupté lipstick purchase WAY back in the day - and I still love that formula to bits. I can't say that every release has worked well for me, but I hold a lot of love for this brand and the quality of their products.

I believe YSL Sheer Candy was released back in 2011 with 6 shades, and an additional 6 have since been added to the range. I have to admit I wasn't too impressed with the original 6 colours, they swatch rather sheer and are barely visible when worn on my dark pigmented lips. I have yet to try all the other colours that have been added, but from what I've seen so far they give a little more colour, so I decided to finally give in to Tangy Mandarine - a beautiful soft peachy shade.



Despite how this is marketed, YSL Sheer Candy is, at the end of the day, a very expensive tinted lip balm ($49 AUD to be exact). It promises to give a 'sheer veil of brilliant colour' and leave your lips 'soft and hydrated for up to 8 hours'. I can sort of agree with the first part, but the formula only wears about 2 hours on my lips and didn't feel too moisturising after either. I have read some rave reviews about how hydrating this wears, so it definitely differs from person to person, but it didn't do much for my poor dry lips.

All-in all, YSL Sheer Candy is a nice product. The subtle tint is really good for those minimal makeup days and the formula applies super smooth and soft. My biggest complaint is that the lipstick really doesn't last as long as I would like it to, and does not feel particularly moisturising. I am glad I finally tried out this range, but can't justify the price for a repurchase. It pains me to say this, but I think drugstore tinted lip balms (i.e. Maybelline Baby Lips Colour) perform just as well and are a fraction of the cost. However, if you are after super luxurious packaging, YSL Sheer Candy is the go!

Have you tried YSL Sheer Candy? What are your thoughts on the product? Let me know! Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to comment! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)