May 13, 2014

HOURGLASS AMBIENT LIGHTING POWDER

Yes, I've given in to the craze! I was hesitant to jump on the bandwagon initially, mainly because I was pretty happy with what I have (Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is still very much loved - and well priced) and didn't buy into the hype given it was simply a finishing powder. But this stuff is amazing! It really is! So let's get into it! ;)


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder promises to 'capture, diffuse and soften the way light is reflected on the skin, brighten the appearance and conceal imperfections'. The formula contains something called 'photoluminescent technology', which are particles that refract light and create a more translucent and natural finish, as oppose to traditional powders that use opaque pigments and can often make the skin appear flat.



The shade that I have is Dim Light, which is a gorgeous neutral beige with peachy undertones. When I first swatched this at the counter, I thought it was WAY too shimmery, but once blended out, it leaves a beautiful soft glow on the skin. The powder itself is super fine, and almost undetectable once applied - even in photography!

Jump for a side-by-side comparison!



I found it quite hard to capture the true results of the product in photos, the difference is very subtle, but definitely more detectable in person. My skin is visibly smoother and brighter, and the powder doesn't wear too cakey or thick. I honestly can't say that it 'captures light on the skin' but do feel that it adds more dimension to the face as oppose to a complete matte finishing powder. Please note that there were lighting differences in the comparison above, they are for reference only, and will most likely differ from person to person.

Have you tried Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder? Do you think it lives up to the hype? Or the outrageous price tag? Lol. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)