May 4, 2014

BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET LIPSTICK

Bourjois never ceases to amaze me, and they've done it again with their latest release of these Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks. Liquid lipsticks are nothing new - I initially expected them to be somewhat similar to the Rimmel Apocalips, but the formula of Bourjois Rouge Velvet lipsticks are a step above, and I'm absolutely obsessed with them. Let me explain!



There are 8 shades available in the range, and I picked up 04 Peach Club and 07 Nude-ist - probably the 2 most tamest/boring colours from the collection. The majority of range consists of bright reds and oranges, which is very spring appropriate, unless you live down under that is! Though I'll be sure to pick out more of these when warmer weather comes back around.



The intensity of the colours are incredible, and you can easily achieve an opaque finish with just one swatch. The formula is smooth and easy to apply, unlike a lot of other liquid lipsticks (I'm thinking OCC Lip Tars) which can be thick, sticky and hard to spread out. These velvet lipsticks last almost all day long, and does not bleed or dry out my lips as time progresses. It does take a good makeup remover to clean off at the end of the day, as the brighter shades (such as Peach Club) will leave a stain on the lips.



Peach Club photographs almost neon, but it actually wears a little less intense in real life. It is a gorgeous reddish orange with soft peachy undertones, and a perfect pop of colour to brighten up the complexion. It does not, however, dry to a complete matte finish, so I would say that the finish varies from shade to shade. Unlike Peach Club, Nude-ist does dry matte. Though like most matte formulas, it does lend itself to accentuating lip lines, so I would recommend a good lip exfoliant before application. It wears a lot rosier on my lips than I would have expected from seeing it in the tube, but makes a great addition to my natural everyday lipsticks stash.

Overall, I gives these top marks! They are my favorite drugstore release this year so far. My only complaint is that these lippies cost $24 AUD ($22 USD), which is quite a lot for a drugstore product, so I will be waiting for a sale before splurging on a couple more.

Have you tried these Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks? What is your favorite liquid lipstick formula? Thanks for reading! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)