January 7, 2013

BEST OF 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope 2013 will be filled with nothing but happiness and adventure for everyone, and of course, lots of new makeup! In retrospect, 2012 was quite good for me, I got to go to Japan, Hong Kong AND Thailand all in one year. Travel was definitely a big part of my 2012 resolutions, and I'm hoping to keep that ball rolling right into 2013! What are some of your new year resolutions?

So I know I'm a little behind (like always), but it's time to make a mention to those favorites of favorites, best of the best makeup products of 2012. Let's get right into it! :) 


Favorite Base & Foundation: Koh Gen Do Makeup Color Base & Aqua Foundation
Koh Gen Do didn't get on my radar till well into 2012. I only bought this base and foundation duo in October when I was in Japan, but these babies have since lived up to, and beyond, my expectations. Before KGD entered my life, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra would have taken the crown hands down, and they are both great long-wearing foundations, but KGD matches my skintone TO A TEE. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra also has a tendency to make me look ghostly in flash photography, whereas KGD wears natural on me all round. Definitely a WINNER.

Favorite Concealer: Lancome Long-Lasting Softening Concealer
I've used this concealer for quite some time now because it's absolute gold in terms of covering up those pesky dark circles. I've come across many concealers that work fine underneath the eyes, but on those days where I'm really deprived of sleep, most of them are just not enough. This Lancome concealer has yet to fail me on any occasion, and I'm praying that it won't, ever!


Favorite Finishing Powder: MAC MSF Natural
One of the things that keeps me going back to my MAC MSFN is how lightweight and natural it sits on top of my foundation. I only usually apply finishing powder on my T-zone area as oppose to my entire face, and MAC MSFN is tough against those zones - it's stays on me a good 4-5 hours before I have to blot away the oiliness, which is the longest wearing powder on me so far!

Favorite Highlighter: MAC MSF in Lightscapade
I've never been much into highlighters, I've always found it hard to get right and have had a tendency to turn myself into a shiny disco ball when applied carelessly. Lightscapade is very subtle and not at all shimmery, it gives me a natural glow and the finish is very soft - even when you tend to be a little heavy handed like me.

Favorite Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed
This one was kind of a no-brainer. Tarte Exposed took the blogosphere by storm in 2012, and there's really no question to why this little blush is so still popular. It is simply THE everyday go-to, and wears nicely across many, many different skintones. You just can't go wrong with this gorgeous neutral blush!


Favorite Eyeshadow Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
I have quite a few go-to eyeshadow primers, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance has been THE ONE for me in 2012. It does all it promises - my eyeshadow does not crease, morning till night!

Favorite Eyeshadow Palette: Urban Decay Naked 2
I have to admit I was skeptical when I first got Naked 2, my opinion of it was that it didn't really differ that much from the original palette. But sure enough, I've proved myself wrong again. I've since used my Naked 2 a whole lot more than the original palette, it's an essential item in my morning before work routine!


Favorite Eyeliner: Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner
I have used Heroine Make eyeliners for quite some years now, and it's still the top of my list. The super fine tip makes for precise application like no other, and it stays on all day long.

Favorite Eyebrow Pencil: Lioele Auto Eyebrow Pencil
This has practically become the only product I use to fill in my brows. It applies very light but is easily buildable if you are going for more dramatic brows. This eyebrow pencil is absolute no fuss, quick and easy to use and will probably stay a favourite for a very long time!

Favorite Mascara: Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara
I was a little devastated when Heroine Make discontinued the original with this new formula. It's not as volumizing, but nonetheless a great mascara for short stubborn lashes. And best of all, it's not as difficult to remove as a lot of other waterproof formulas I've tried!


Favorite Lipstick: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in #46 Liberte
I can't believe I've nailed it down to just one lipstick, just ONE, it certainly took me a while to figure out! I usually swap over my lipsticks in my makeup bag every so often, but Liberte has stayed with me almost all year long. It goes with everything I wear and the formula is just a dream, even on those dry lip days!

Favorite Lipgloss: Addiction Lip Gloss in #004 Pastel Love
I'm not really a lipgloss girl, but ADDICTION (swatches to come soon!) has had me swooning ever since finally getting my hands on it in Japan. This lipgloss shade is great to wear on it's own for a natural finish, or layered with a lipstick of choice. It has just the right amount of stickiness too!

What have been some of your absolute favorites for 2012? I hope you've had a great start to 2013, and thanks so much still sticking by and reading this blog! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)