February 28, 2013

EMPTIES & REJECTS


It's time for another round of empties and rejects! I threw out a whole lot of stuff before Christmas (which I didn't photograph), hoping to organize the mess that is my makeup collection. I still have a few drawers to go through, but my goal this year is to keep my collection within reasonable control and hopefully rediscover all those things I've neglected for so long. Now let's get into it! ;)

Firstly, the EMPTIES!

Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover
I really like this, it wipes away even the toughest mascara and compares closely with my all time favorite - Chanel Gentle Biphase Eye Makeup Remover. I'm still on the look out for a drugstore alternative, I go through at least 3-4 bottles of remover a year so it's something I'm willing to cheap out on!
Repurchase? Maybe.

Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Serum
Despite getting through the bottle, I'm unsure if this serum really did anything for my skin. I know serums work best over prolong use (possibly years?), but Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and Lancome Visionnaire definitely gave me visible results after the first few months of use, so I expected a little more after finishing this.
Repurchase? No.

Schwarzkopf Instant Volume Powder
This stuff gives my hair instant lift, but it also makes it impossible to brush through, even with fingers! Every time I sprinkle this product onto my scalp, it would leave my hair very knotted and chalky, and it took a whole lot of shampoo to get out too. I get the same result with Batiste dry shampoo, so I would recommend that instead if you are looking for some volume.
Repurchase? No.

AND in all its glory...

Laura Mercier Satin Lip Colour Duchess Rose
I know this is a teeny tiny sample, but I got through it - a lipstick!! Duchess Rose is a lovely peachy-rose, and the sample size makes it perfect to throw into a small clutch when there's no room to spare. I don't like the shade enough to purchase the full size though, but will probably think about this again later on. 
Repurchase? Not at this moment.

Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15
This little thing took forever to finish. It's a really moisturizing balm, but just falls short in comparison to my longtime HG Jack Black. This wears really well under lipstick too.
Repurchase? No.

Jump for the REJECTS!


NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder Palette in Taupe/Ash
This palettle only has a 12 month life span, and I'm pretty sure I've had it now for much, much longer. I should have shown this compact more love, it's a great all-in-one with everything for your brows, but I find the process more efficient with an eyebrow pencil - minus the setting wax.

Kanebo Kate Eyeshadow Palettes
These Kate palettes are so old, I can't even remember what their proper names are anymore. I believe they have also since been discontinued. I've had these palettes for around 4-5 years now, so they are definitely not safe to use, plus icy blue is not my colour - I don't know what I was thinking when I bought these!

NYX Round Lipstick in 632 Frappucino
I've only used this lipstick about once or twice - the shade is too brown for my liking. The main reason I giving this the toss though is because it's all melted! You can't really see in the photo but the bullet has melted off and is leaning crooked against the case. NYX Round Lipsticks have a very creamy formula and really don't sit well over time.

MUFE Rouge Artist Intense in #23
This is sadly my one and only lipstick from MUFE, and I hardly ever touched it. The formula is incredibly drying on me, and the payoff wasn't great either - I actually think that I may have received a dodgy product, there was just nothing good about it!

Lioele Essential Donut Glo-Stick
Contrary to the MUFE lippie, this wears very comfortably on my lips. It has a balm core (hence the name 'donut'), and for a hybrid the colour payoff is very decent. However, this shade of pink did not agree with me, too barbie-ish for my liking, it's such a shame because I really like the formula!

NYX Blush in PB06 Peach
This one is also way passed its time, though it probably looks brand new in the photo lol. I thought the shade would be more peachy once applied, but it wears like a bright pink on me - it's really weird. Besides the shade, NYX blushes gets top marks in my books!

What are some products you've gone through lately? Any recommendations? Thank you for taking the time to comment! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)