December 23, 2013

TOM FORD LIP COLOR



I finally did it. I bought my very first Tom Ford lipsticks! Woohoo!!
I've wanted these for the longest time now, but had my reservations because they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive here in Australia (and in general all over the world I believe). I'm still recovering from the damage this purchase had on my bank account, but I'm so happy to finally get my hands on these. Now let's get ready for some lipstick loving!



First off, let's appreciate the packaging because it is simply gorgeous. I love the bold clean lines on the edges and the clash of black with the gold. The weight of the encasing is slightly heavy, especially for a lipstick, but I feel this adds to the value of the product. The overall look is super luxurious, chic and timeless.

Jump for swatches!


My first pick was Spanish Pink, which had to be of course, an easy-to-wear everyday lipstick shade. It swatches relatively pale on my arm, but wears very peachy pink on my lips without washing me out. I've been putting Spanish Pink to good use since I bought it, to the point where the 'TF' is starting to fade, but at least I photographed it all nice and untouched!


The MUA at the Tom Ford counter was wearing Violet Fatale and absolutely rocked it, so I had to try it out. This wears very berry red on me, with sublet hints of fuchsia infused in the colour. Violet Fatale really would not have been my pick if it hadn't been for the MUA, but I love this shade to bits now, it's perfect for a end of year party look too!

The formula of these 2 lipsticks I find to be a little different from one another. Spanish Pink applies very creamy and pigmented, whereas Violet Fatale wears thinner in consistency and is less opaque. I personally prefer the texture of Violet Fatale, because creamy formulas can often accentuate my dry chapped lips, and I also have better control with the colour payoff - it applies quite sheer with one layer, but easily builds up to a full opaque finish. Both lipsticks last about 4-5 hours, and Violet Fatale leaves a nice berry stain that lasts all day. 

Despite the price tag, I'm very happy with my purchase. These lipsticks are incredibly comfortable to wear, and even with a slight difference in consistency, both apply very smooth and have decent colour payoff. LOVE!! Have you tried Tom Ford Lip Color lipsticks? Do you think they justify the price tag? What's your favourite shade? 

Thanks so much for reading and incase I don't get a chance to pop around I want to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you get to spend it with loved ones, lots of delicious food and cheesy Christmas music (we've been blasting them at the office). Have a good one! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)