September 21, 2011

FOTD: Spring Inspired; Pink & Purple Look

There's no denying that Spring/Summer 2011 has been all about COLOUR. Everyfashion store I've walked into I see bold, bright colours that are clashed together to make some very statement outfits. Now I've always been the brown-neutral girl, but seeing all these colours have definitely influenced me to step out of my comfort zone...a little. I decided to start off with a simple pink and purple look, 2 colours which I've NEVER worn together, but I'm genuinely quite happy with the outcome. I'm sure to be experimenting with a few more bright colour combinations so stay tuned!

Here is a breakdown of my eye makeup.

The Products I used are:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette (A: Midnight 15, B: Junkshow, C: Half Truth, D: Chase)
- Heroine Make Impact Liquid Eyeliner
- Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara
- Dollywink Eye Pencil in Black (area E)
- Diamond Lash Pure Series Girly Eye

FACE:
- Missha M B.B. Boomer
- Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in No.2
- Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder

EYEBROWS:
- Lioele Auto Eyebrow Pencil in No.2

BLUSH:
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful

LIPS:
- OCC Lip Tar in Hush + Grandma

Btw I can't wait till Sydney IMATS this weekend! Hope to see some of you guys there! :)

15 comments:

  1. This used to be one of my favorite color combos, but I rarely wear pink and purple anymore...I'm not sure why. It looks gorgeous on you! I love the subtle highlight, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is really gorgeous, I love it! :D I wanted to get my hands on this palette :( oh wells ... Looking forward to your next bold look ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fav color combos is pink and purple it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look SO ready for spring!! The pigmentation on the shadows are amazing. Very pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning <3
    I love Junkshow and you did a great job of using it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. btw check out my blog I gave you an award :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Stacey!
    I love your tutorial and i musy say~YOU ARE SO PRETTY!!!
    love your hair and the eyemakeup!
    love your blending skills.
    Btw, Thank you for dropping by my blog!
    I followed you.
    Let's keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Larie
    I was never a 'pink' girl so this is new territory for me. But I think the combo of pink & purple isn't so bad!

    @bebem.xo
    I highly recommend the UD 15 Year Palette! It has such a great mix of neutral and bright colours =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @PolaBerry
    Thanks for the award Paula! I've never received a blogger award before so I'm not really sure what I'm suppose to do...lol. But I will definitely look into it! =D

    @PopBlush
    Thanks dear! I'm so happy that Spring is finally here! Loving the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Yami
    I really like the colour of junkshow but never really knew how to wear it. I loved how you used it in your Urban Decay EOTD post!

    @Diane
    *Blushes* Thanks so much Diane! I love how YOU do your makeup! I'll definitely be following your blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Stacey! I want to congratulate you on your award from Paula. I received one too! That pink & purple eye shadow looks great on you. Glad you stepped out of your comfort zone. You have great skin and a beautiful face! You're a doll! I'm now following and look forward to reading your posts.
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/
    SassyUptownChic xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! I love purple eye makeup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stacey, I love reading your posts and watching how you create those looks. I'm not a huge purple fan but you make me wish I was just to wear this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @SassyUptownChic
    Thanks so much Kim! Congratulations to you too! Your blog is awesome! I'm following you for sure!

    @Jen W
    I wasn't too into purple eye makeup at first (not a big fan of the colour actually) but it's definitely grown on me. I'm hoping to wear it more in the future though!

    @Eden-Avalon
    Thanks Eden! I think I'm growing to like purple more, especially purple eye looks. Glad you liked the look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look great in purple love this look:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)