September 14, 2011

FOTD: Burgundy Eyes....& a New Hairstyle

I don't usually like to wear burgundy/plum eyeshadows because if I accidentally get too heavy-handed with the application, it might look like I have bruised eyes lol. However, I do make an exception for NARS Kuala Lumpur, which, despite the burgundy colour, happens to be one of my favorite NARS duo eyeshadows. The combination of the shimmery rose-gold with the burgundy/plum is very pretty and surprisingly wearable - non-bruised like at all!
 

Here's a breakdown of my eye makeup:

The products I used are:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion 
- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Kuala Lumpur (left)
- Urban Decay Naked Palette in Hustle (right)
- Heroine Make Impact Liquid Eyeliner
- Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara
- Dollywink Eye Pencil in Brown (area D)
- Koji Spring Heart Eyelash in No.6

FACE:
- Missha M B.B. Boomer
- Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in No.2
- Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder

EYEBROWS:
- Lioele Auto Eyebrow Pencil in No.2

BLUSH:
- MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul

LIPS:
- OCC Lip Tar in Hush

...and here's the debut of my new hair!! (my eyeshadow had actually worn off a little when I took this pic)
 
As much as I liked my curls, it was getting to be really high maintenance and would be impractical for the coming summer. This length is probably the shortest I've gone in a very long time and I have to say I'm really enjoying the conveniences that come with having shorter hair! I would probably still curl it on the weekends but I'm pretty happy with it straight too (unlike my uncut longer hair which looked flat if left straight).

Do you change your hairstyle for different seasons? I would love to read all your comments! :D

16 comments:

  1. I change my hair on whims. I've had it super short, super long. Right now it's growing out from a short little bob to (what I plan to be) a long, single length style. >w>; I'm just aching to try a bunch of new hairstyles because right now I can't do anything with it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the makeup. I love how you breakdown where you up what. It's super helpful! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful~ I adore plum and cranberry shadows, despite the risk of getting the bruised eye look. :D
    You mixed the colors so nicely~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that burgundy plum combo! I'm really wanting Kuala Lumpur now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this wearable burgundy look!

    Oh~ I like your new haircut too~ You look really fresh and youthful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Eden-Avalon
    I get your frustration! I hate it when my hair is that 'in-between' length.

    @Beauty on a College budget
    No worries! Thanks for dropping by! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nancy :D
    Thanks Nancy! I'm sure you would do a fantastic job with plum/cranberry eye looks!

    @Jen W
    I say get it!! lol I haven't seen anything that is similar to Kuala Lumpur so it's definitely unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @PopBlush
    Thanks Pop! I liked your haircut too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great makeup! I must admit - great blog! Seriously. Loved your photography and descriptions...
    p.s. Could not find the GFC button on your site to follow you :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm I'm really liking this combo. I might have to look into Kuala Lumpur since its so pretty on you! Love the haircut, it suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Marusya V
    Thanks so much! I'm liking your blog too =)
    I have had a few ppl ask me where the GFC button is lol...it's actually that google image on the sidebar...might need to change it so it's a little more user-friendly!

    @Charisse
    Thanks Charisse! Kuala Lumpur is a really unique combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color combos are so pretty.
    I love them :)

    And my hair stays the same all year. Long hair is the usual for me. I'll usually straighten it or occasionally I'll curl it, but it's always the same length



    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. great look these colors are so pretty together!

    hope you'll follow back

    polaberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look very gorgeous in these photos! :) and I'm definitely loving the colors you used here hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Dana Yoshimizu
    Thanks Dana! I prefer to have long hair too but it gets up to 40 degrees here in the Australian Summer so I thought it was best to cut it off. Definitely growing it out after summer though!

    @PolaBerry
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be sure to check out yours too!

    @bebem.xo
    Thanks dear! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I avoid plums too, but this is so pretty and wearable! I love your hair, as well - I'm growing mine out now (it's usually a super short angled bob) and it's driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)